Friday, March 22, 2013

Spring Break

So for the second time this month, the kids and I have had to fend for ourselves sans daddy. Now, granted, I still have had some help, but not having a partner home at the end of the day is still a challenge no matter how the day has been. However, I've also discovered that I can do just fine taking care of two little ones under two all by myself, which I have to say I'm pretty proud of.
In this week off, I've found out that Sophie is really a very easy, predictable baby. I thought I was lucky with Daniel, but this little girl makes my life so easy. Which is nice, because Daniel continues to be a constant ball of energy. She follows a pattern... She naps, wakes up, eats, plays in her chair or activity gym, then plays on the other one, gets sleepy, and starts again. And almost all of it with a big smile on her face.
What I really can't believe is how quickly she is growing. She's already trying to sit herself up, despite not being able to support herself in a sitting position in the first place. She's fitting into her six month clothes (after turning just three months yesterday) quite well, which means I need to clean out her closet AGAIN. She's grabbing, cooing, and babbling like crazy. I feel like she is doing this stuff so much earlier than Daniel, but then I think maybe it's just because I had to go back to work so much earlier with her that time is just passing too quickly.

Daniel is a mix of awesome big brother and jealous baby boy... He takes care of her one minute, and throws things at her the next. When she cries, he'll either try to give her a pacifier, or he'll try to climb up me so I pay attention to him instead. Overall, though, he has been pretty good with her, so I really can't complain.
I have to admit, though, I am looking forward to the fact that when I wake up tomorrow morning, Daddy will be home. We've all been missing him, but I'm also proud of him for making it through his first business trip all by himself... And all the way across the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment